Wednesday, June 29, 2011

June: By the Numbers

June is almost over, unfortunately. The next few days are rest/travel days as I make my way from Alpe D'Huez back to Nice and then Barcelona. 


My Garmin lets me download ride data. Here is the June tally:


Number of rides: 17
Total distance: 1,752km
Total gross elevation: 33,113 meters


Cols climbed: 23 (Vence x2, Castellaras, Gourdon, Bleine, Bonette, Sine, l'Ecre, Braus, Joux Verte, Corbier, Grand Taillet, Jambaz, Joux Plane, Forclaz, Colombiere x2, Grand Serre, D'Ornon, Sarenne, Glandon, Telegraphe, and Galibier).


Mountain top finishes: 6 (Route D'Avoriaz, Vaujany x2, and Alpe D'Huex x3)


Tour de France Climbs: 10 (Bonette, Joux Plane, Avoriaz, Forclaz, Colombiere, Alpe D'Huez, Glandon, Telegraphe, and Galibier)


Ranked Climbs:

  • Hors categorie: 5 (Bonette, Joux Plane, Alpe D'Huez, Glandon, and Galibier)
  • Categorie 1: 4 (Corbier, Avoriaz, Colombiere, and Telegraphe)


So thats it for the French Alps. I'd like to return and tackle the remaining monsters (Madeleine, Ventoux, etc), but I'll have to save that for another trip. 



Stay tuned, as I expect to be in the Pyrenees in mid-July to watch the tour, and ride several more HC and C1 climbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment